My Hawaii Obession!

Place for all my Hawaiian travels and plans

Monday, June 30, 2008

Kauai Bound - Thursday



May 29 2008

Had breakfast then Matt went for a run. I grabbed the camera and went for a stroll. I was going to go past the Sheraton but decided to go over to Poipu Beach Park instead. I am glad that I did. Just between the park and the Marriott there was a monk seal asleep on the beach! I knew when I left the condo that I was going to have to charge up the battery when I got back since we had not done that since the first night in Kauai. I got about 5 shots of the seal before the camera died. Luckily I had my cell so I took a few with that as well. Went back to the condo to wait for Matt. We grabbed our snorkel gear and headed back over to the park. We were surprised that the seal was still there. Some jackass and his kid were inside the ropes walking up to the seal like idiots. Apparently barriers are for other people. Again snorkeling was just average here. I took a few pics of fish that we hadn't seen on any of the other islands. I tried to save the last shot on the camera because I just knew that the seal was going to swim past me at any moment. No such luck. By the time we were done snorkeling the seal was still lounging. in the perfect Kauai sun. Maybe 15 minutes after we got out, the seal decided it was time to leave. It swam out the opposite direction of where we had been snorkeling so it didn't matter that I used up the last shot on the camera. Back to the condo for lunch and a shower. Then we drove up to the tree tunnel to take pictures. Stopped at Koloa Fish Market for our plate lunch and the wine shop for a 6 pack of beer from Maui Brewing. After a short nap we went over to the shopping center and bought Matt a baseball cap at Crazy Shirts. We read for a little while then went over to the Sheraton for cocktails and to watch the sunset. Matt had a couple beers and I had 2 Na Palis which were Midori, Malibu and guava juice. Back home to watch a little TV and wish that we were not going back home the next day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home