My Hawaii Obession!

Place for all my Hawaiian travels and plans

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Kauai Bound - Wednesday

May 21 2008
This is our travel day. We had a light breakfast with whatever we had left over. We took another walk around the complex. We packed up the car and took one last spin down Ali'i Drive. We went by Hilo Hattie for mugs but it turned out that I needed to spend $25 to get 4 free mugs. Was disappointed at first because I wanted to match the ones that I have from Maui but then noticed that the didn't say Big Island or Hawaii on them. We did not leave empty handed though. We spend a whopping $2 on post cards. We decided to go over to Kona Mixed Plate again to grab lunch. We split a teriyaki chicken plate. Glad we did this or we would have been stuck with substandard, overpriced airport grub. We got to the airport way early. Of course that meant we had to have a beer in the lounge. Keep in mind this is a small airport so I use the term 'lounge' loosely. We strolled through the gift shop to kill some more time. They had some cute but way overpriced tops. They reminded me of some of the things that Tam just bought in the Garment District. The plane ride to Oahu was short as was the flight to Kauai. The Kauai airport is a confusing mess to get out of. We zigged when we should have zagged and had to do a loop around the terminal. The drive to the condo, Kiahuna Plantation, was beautiful. Once you turn off the main highway, you drive thru a 'tree tunnel'. It was so cool. Matt said we would have to come back later to take a picture of it. I was not real impressed with our room location. It was not really a partial ocean view. More like miniscule ocean view. I wanted to ask for a room change but I didn't want to be 'that tourist'. Matt said to consider it a break even for the room that we had on Hawaii. I had to see his point. The other problem was that we were stuck in crying baby central but the interior of the room itself was very nice. Went into Koloa for groceries at Big Save (this is a misnomer by the way). I would have preferred Safeway but it is on the other side of the island in Kapa'a. Wow, are groceries expensive here!! We walked down to the point in front of the Sheraton to watch the sunset. The beach is gorgeous here. I didn't realize it but I kinda missed not having a beach to walk to on Hawaii. This is the prettiest beach I have seen so far. You can see Spouting Horn off in the distance. Decided we would head that way in the morning. Dinner was just some rotisserie chicken we pick up at the grocery. After dinner we saw our first Hawaiian cockroach EVER! Matt tried to shoo it outside and it actually chased him. He finally got it out the slider. Good Riddance! After a long day it was time to hit the sack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home