My Hawaii Obession!

Place for all my Hawaiian travels and plans

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Kauai Bound - Monday


May 26 2008




Back to Waimea Canyon. We stopped at the Pu'u Ka Pele lookout and took some pictures of Waipo'o Falls. Damn, they are tall! We didn't see Pele's Footprint though. We continued on to Kalalau Valley lookout. Clear skys today. The view is absolutely amazing! You could see all the way to Ni'ihau although there was a little bit of haze. After we took some pictures there we drove to the Pu'u O Kila Lookout. This is even more spectacular! There was a group of older men going on the 7 mile Pihea Trail. More power to 'em. Maybe next trip. We ended up doing about 1.5 miles and that is a very rough estimate. We turned back since we weren't really prepared other than having our hiking boots in the car. We had very little water and I left my inhaler back at the condo. Also, no sunscreen or OFF and there were a ton of bugs. We took a ton of pictures on the trail. When we got back to the condo Matt noticed that one of the pictures has what looks like the ghost of a headless Hawaiian warrior standing in the middle of the trail. I am now officially creeped out. We have had a lot of stuff like that on the camera this trip. I don't know if it is dust on the lens at times or what but it is freaking me out. Maybe that is the spirits of Hawaii telling Matt that it is time for a new camera(hint, hint). After our second long, hot hike of the trip we have to stop at Jo Jo's, of course. I decided that I was not going to chicken out and order the Halo Halo this time. Just my luck they were really busy the day before and are out of half the ingredients to make it. I ended up with the usual but this time we had our own. No sharing! After we got home it was time to go in search of the garlic shrimp truck on Lawai Road. It was parked right in front of Prince Kuhio Park. It was really busy. Popped into Whalers for beer to wash it down. Matt wasn't hot on the shrimp so I made him a sammich. After lunch Matt went for a run while I sat on the lanai and read. I am sure you are noticing a pattern of Matt being good and working out while I am very bad and NOT working out. Whatever! We took a quick dip in the ocean. It was very refreshing. Finally a shower then some quick grub. We walked over to the little park area betwen the Sheraton and the Plantation to watch the sunset. They were doing the luau at the Sheraton so it was really nice. Watched part of Harry Potter afterwards. We are such the party animals. Then it was off to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home